Internal Seasonal Coverage
We are seeking current volunteer firefighters to fill internal seasonal coverage positions. This is a great opportunity for volunteers to earn some extra cash and help the District during the busiest season. There will be a total for 92 shifts available to pick up starting July 1st and ending September 30th. There will be a daily 8-hour shift available on “When I Work”. $135 stipend will be earned for every shift.
- Be a current member in good standing.
- Have a current First Aid/Healthcare Provider CPR card.
- Have completed Wildland Training.
- Have completed FF1 Training.
- Respond to all emergency calls during your shift.
- Assist FFs with normal shift duties and other assigned tasks.
- Remain on premises at Station 31 during shift hours unless responding to emergency.
- Be professional and act as an advocate for GCFD3 with the public and other emergency personnel.
- July shifts will be posted on June 1st, August shifts will be posted July 1st, and September shifts will be posted August 1st.
- From the 1st-15th of the month, volunteers and residents can sign up for a max of 3 shifts.
- After the 15th, the remainder of the shifts are available for anyone with no limit.
Grant County Fire District 3 is seeking dedicated people who want to make a difference in their community. With your commitment, you can be one of the select few who answer the call when someone is having an emergency. In addition to assisting your neighbors, you will be helping to keep your families safe and you will develop job skills that could be valuable to you in the workforce. We are accepting applications for Volunteer Firefighters, Resident Firefighters, and Support Services. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Possess a valid Washington Driver’s License (and provide a copy with completed application)
- Obtain approval from the Board of Commissioners
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass a department provided medical physical (does not apply to Support Services)
For more information, please contact Recruit and Retention Coordinator, Michele Talley at 509-787-2713 or firstname.lastname@example.org