- Residential burning is outdoor burning of leaves, clippings, prunings, and other yard and gardening refuse originating on the improved area of residential property and burned by the property owner or other responsible person.
- One 4′ x 4′ x 3′ pile of natural vegetation may be burned at least fifty feet from structures and five hundred feet from forest slash.
- Your smoke must not impact your neighbors.
- You must be in attendance and capable of putting the fire out while it is actively burning and/or smoking.
- All fires must be out before dark.
- Burning is not allowed within city limits. Consider alternatives such as composting, chipping, or taking yard waste to your nearest recycling/transfer station.
- Annual burn ban starts June 1st and ends October 1st.
Agricultural / Land Clearing Burning
Grant County Agricultural Burning is regulated by your local fire department for fire safety and the Department of Ecology for air quality.
- Agricultural burning is allowed by permit. A permit is required to burn orchard trees, open fields, and harvest debris.
- Land Clearing burning is outdoor burning of trees, stumps, shrubbery, or other natural vegetation so that the land surface can be developed or used for a different purpose. Land clearing burns require a permit.
- Burn Day Information for Permitted Burns: 1-800-406-5322, push 2 then 5
- You must have a permit when burning with a flame thrower.
- The only times you are not required to obtain a burn permit is when you are burning windblown tumbleweeds, ditch banks, fence rows, and orchard pruning’s (not stumps).
- Department of Ecology Special Permit: www.ecy.wa.gov upper right corner-special permit.
Download the following flyers:
Air Quality Burn Permit Locations:
Upper Grant Conservation District
2145 Basin St. SW
Ephrata, WA 98823
Warden Conservation District
1600 W First
Warden, WA 98857
Othello Conservation District
449 East Cedar Blvd.
Othello, WA 99344
Meetings & Agendas
To see more details of an upcoming meeting click the “Meeting Info” button. Any additional info or supporting documents will be listed there.