Grant County Fire District #3 Resident firefighters are individuals who are selected to live within one of GCFD3’s facilities and make it their primary residence. The resident firefighter is provided with living accommodations, utilities, internet access, television, laundry and basic necessities to live in the quarters, excluding food. They are provided full structural and wild land protective clothing (excluding wild land boots and duty pants), a class B uniform shirt, and duty tee shirts. Training and educational opportunities are both offered and required in the classroom setting and “hands on” atmosphere. IFSAC FF1 courses are taught, and EMT class is provided with residents contracted to pass certification (as available) within one year of residency. Resident Firefighters are required to work a rotating 48/96 hour work schedule. Residents receive a $650 stipend for food and expenses each month.
We have 13 resident rooms, 7 at the main station located in Quincy (St. 31), 3 at the City of Quincy station (St. 30), and 3 at the George station (St. 35). Applications for the resident program are taken any time and held until a vacancy in the program comes available, at which time the applicant will be contacted for testing, interview and potential placement.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Have proper documentation to complete I-9 and be employable in the United States
- Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Possess and maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Have an acceptable and insurable driving record
- Be able to pass a post acceptance physical examination and drug screen
- Pass a written and physical agility test
- Be able to read, write and speak the English language
Fill out the application below, checking the “Resident” box at the top. Completed applications may be emailed, faxed, or dropped off at the main station. Be sure to provide a copy of your driver’s license along with your application.
For more information, please contact Recruit and Retention Coordinator, Michele Talley at 509-787-2713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.